Cremet polenta is the perfect accessory for the BBQ-spiced tiger prawns and sweet corn that can be roasted on the grill. Remember to marinate the prawns at least 2 hours before. Here you get the recipe for Texas tiger prawns with polenta and roasted corn
Total Time: 35 min
Number of persons: 4
YOU SHOULD USE
- 500 g of tiger reed (frost, thawed)
- 140 g of tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons. olive oil
- 3 tablespoons. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons. maple syrup
- 3 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. bumped cumin
- 1 tsp. dried chili pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1¼ l of water
- salt and freshly squeezed pepper
- 250 g corn grit for polenta, eg. from Urtekram
- 100 g parmesan
- 25 g parmesan
- 1 handful of fresh basil
Recipe – make Texas tiger prawns with polenta and roasted corn
1. BBQ MARINE: Mix all the ingredients into marinade in a bowl.
2. Let the tail stay on the Tiger rears. Turn the prawns into the marinade. Let them pull for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator, preferably overnight.
3. POLENTA: Bring the water to boil and add salt. Pour corn grit into boiling water with constant stirring. Let it boil for approx. 15 minutes until the polenta gets creamy. Stir freshly ground parmesan i. Taste with salt and pepper.
4. RISK CAKE: Remove leaves and threads from corncobs. Cut the corn kernels from the flasks with a sharp knife. Shake them in butter on a pan until golden. Season with salt and pepper.
5. SERVING: Stir the tiger razors on a forehead at high heat until they take color. Pour them over the polenta and sprinkle with toasted corn, freshly squeezed parmesan and pickled basil.